December is here, the official countdown to Christmas begins and there has never been a better time to embrace Hygee, Hard to explain and even harder to pronounce, the Danish word 'hygge' (pronounced 'hooga') translates roughly to 'cosiness'.
Danes are often cited as the happiest nation in the world and for good reason – they make enjoyment a priority and take the time to celebrate and acknowledge simple, wonderful moments. Sitting by the fire on a cold night, wearing a cozy jumper, drinking mulled wine watching a festive film - probably surrounded by candles.
Let us help you find happiness with 5 top “hygee” tips:
- Winter Scents – beautiful scented candles can lift your spirits and mood
- Wrap up in faux fur – get cozy by the fire wrapped in an oversized throw
- Treat yourself to one item of cashmere – simply a pair of gloves or scarf
- Lock the cold air out with a technical blind system such as the energy saving system Duette - proven to help reduce your homes heat loss by up to 46%
- The trusted hot water bottle will make your bed so inviting, when placed under the duvet 30 minutes before you switch off for the day.
There are many things that create “Hygee” different to each of us – enjoy exploring these wonderful options.
Have a “Hygee Christmas”